Literacy South Canterbury is a non-profit organisation and a member of Literacy Aotearoa, a nationwide organisation with over 8000 students, 600 tutors, and 45 delivery sites. In a typical year, Literacy South Canterbury assists over 150 learners.
We cover the South Canterbury region, from the Rangitata River in the north to the Waitaki River in the south and from mighty Aoraki / Mt Cook in the Southern Alps to the regional capital, Timaru.
- to provide student directed learning assistance to adults in South Canterbury
- to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi in the provision of learning
- to organise training for new tutors and workshops for on-going training
- to support student centred learning programmes
- to increase public awareness of literacy needs in South Canterbury and seek funding to support literacy provision.
To provide foundation learning assistance to adults who do not have the literacy skills they need for independence.
Literacy South Canterbury formed in 1979. In 2004 we celebrated our 25th Anniversary and a booklet was produced – view here.
All Services are provided at no direct cost to the learner.
Samoan translation – thanks to Jessie Heather and staff from Literacy Aotearoa for the following translation to Samoan.
Mo le mamalu o Samoa.
Ua iai ile ofisa ole “Literacy South Canterbury” ni fesoasoani e leai se totogi mo au pepa e aoaoina ail au laisene faataitai I vaega eseese.
O loo iai foi mataupu faa‐Computer mo lou manuia e faalauaitele ai lou malamalama I mea ete le malamalama ai… E leai foi se totogi
O le ofisa lenei o loo tu ile tulimanu o Arthur Street ma Grey Road, Timaru.
Faamolemole a fa’amalieina lou loto o le’a maua le avanoa e fesoasoani atu ai ona faafesootai lea ole pule o lenei ofisa
Ph 03 6880894